Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Food Time! Sweet Summer Fro-Yo

So it's obviously been a long while since I posted a recipe or anything. But I recently acquired a new piece of kitchen gadgetry that is changing my life; my 2 Quart Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker. The obsession all started at work a few weeks ago. The lovely ladies of Shoofly decided to make ice cream pies for the summer and my boss Kimmy got an ice cream maker for the shop. Well, being the curious person I am, I just had to try my hand at making my own concoctions. My first attempt was a very unpopular (except for me, I loved it) Green Pea and Mint ice cream. The came the Earl Grey ice cream. Then I was hooked. I simply had to have my own maker at home. I got it last week and I have made to creations, a Brown Butter custard and Grapefruit Frozen Yogurt. So I figured I'd share my fro-yo recipe with ya'll so you can make your own!

Low-Fat Grapefruit Frozen Yogurt
Makes about 1 quart


3 cups good quality strained or greek-style yogurt (whole fat is better but you can use low fat as I did)
2/3 to 1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (optional)

1- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until sugar has di
ssolved completely. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.

2- Churn according to your ice cream makers instructions.

3- Enjoy with fresh diced fruit on a sunny, hot (or in my case, not so hot) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment