Monday, December 6, 2010

I Hate Litterbugs...

I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times more, I hate when people litter. How can a person of sound mind and conscious deliberately throw anything on the ground?! I do not understand. Do you have no feelings, no morals?? Do you also kick puppies at the pound?!? Or are you simply ignorant? Because that makes you an idiot. Even little children know better than to litter.

I am ranting about this topic once again because I live in a beautiful city, Seattle, where I believed that people took pride in the fact that they try to keep it green and clean. Alas, like all urban centers of the world, trash on the ground can not be escaped. Since I don't own a car, I often have to walk everywhere. There is a great shopping center nearby, and I like to walk the "back way" to get there; unfortunately, so do all the litter-monsters of West Seattle! Today I spotted the ubiquitous soda/beer cans, paper cups, and plastic shopping bags. And yet I saw a couple more things that made me really fume; a pair of men's black underpants hanging from a bush and a plate, A PLATE, full of uneaten tamales!! What the HELL, people?!

There are trash bins and recycle cans all around you, so use them, litterbugs! And next time I walk through Trash City, I am taking a garbage bag and some rubber gloves and cleaning that crap up!

P.S.- In a semi-related topic, I think Seattle has the largest squirrels I have ever seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment